06 February 2007

Burning down the house...

How does one communicate to those lost souls, lost in a media-muddle of wrong 'rights' and 'right' wrongs? Lost in a country that went from its guiding role to sower-of-fear in one pResidency?

Capturing an analogy is often harder than simple explanations, but I return to the one that best describes the feeling I hold from afar, from the center of Europe, watching the implosion of the American culture. So I thought to provide my ZENfriends with another analogy as to the current USA culture of fear...

If I own a house in the Rocky Mountains, and I see forest fires all around my property, is it logical for me to buy and hoard in my basement, some 3,000 gallons of gasoline?

It IS that simple, dear ZEN'ers...

Consider how you would feel, as wife or husband to someone so neurotic as to stock fuel in the midst of a burning forest? Your own eyes and common sense experience would be in mortified suspense, as you watched this deranged partner racing up and down the stairs, depositing, with each downward leg, two 5-gallon reservoirs full of high-octane fuel...


You'd be screaming, at least inside, if not to his or her face “What ARE YOU doing to us?”...

And in the analogy, Bush the Lesser and his errant era of Ripoffublican Congresses represent the deranged partner, our country replaces your home, and the gallons of gasoline stored in your basement equal both the inordinant amount of monies spent on war, defense procurement and foreign policy mistakes.

ZEN advice?

Get that fuckin' gasoline out of your house, or! RUN for your own life... run !!!

Run far, soon... to a Fire Tower near you...

ZENmud


No comments: